Contract interaction - part 1
- Please follow instructions in Deposit-in-chain wiki
Node start-up - part 2
You must finish all the steps from part 1 before you can start with part 2
Follow these steps to setup your server and start up the node:
- install docker, you can follow this tutorial for example, but feel free to install it any way you prefer.
masterbranch of lition-maker
git clone https://gitlab.com/lition/lition-maker
- go to lition maker folder
- run setup script
./setup.sh- our recommendation is to use screen or something similar to run your node
Important !!! You can also run a command with parameters instead of manually typing it, see readme and example at the end of this part
_ __ __ | | | \ / | | | | \ / | | | | \/ | | | | |\ /| | | | | | \ / | | | |_____| | \/ | | |_________| |_| Version Built on Lition 1.0-testing Please select an option: 1) Create Network 2) Join Network as a validator 3) Join Network 4) Exit
Now you need to select number 3
Please enter node name: please specify you node name - can be any string (not possible to change it later)
Please select ethereum network: [Enter for default -> Ropsten] 1) Ropsten 2) Mainnet
Please enter IP Address of existing node: Specify IP address of creator or other node on this sidechain.
Please enter Node Manager Port of existing node[Default:22003]: Press Enter for default or specify different port of Node Manager for IP from step before.
Please enter IP Address of this node: please specify IP address of your node
Please enter RPC Port of this node[Default:22000]: Please enter Network Listening Port of this node[Default:22001]: Please enter Constellation Port of this node[Default:22002]: Please enter Node Manager Port of this node[Default:22003]: Please enter WS Port of this node[Default:22004]:
You can use default values by pressing Enter or use ports that you would like to. Warning please be sure that you properly secure RPC Port and WS Port, so only you or your Dapp can connect to them!
Please enter private key of this node(Empty->new key is generated): Specify your private key from metamask for account you used in Part 1 How to export key from metamask
Please enter existing chainId to connect to: Specify chain ID you would like to connect to.
Node start-up (setup.sh) by command example
- Instead of manually typing all the required information, you can run a command instead, see example below:
./setup.sh join -n DemoTransactor --oip <IP of chain creator> --onm 22003 --tip <YOUR SERVER IP ADDRESS> -r 22000 -w 22001 -c 22002 --nm 22003 --ws 22004 -pk <YOUR MINING PRIVATE KEY> --ethnet ropsten --chainId <CHAIN ID> 2>&1 | tee ~/log
Node successful start-up
- Once you see message the Node is running, everything is setup and your node is running
- If you must shut down your node or it just crashed from some reason, do not use ./setup.sh script again to boot it up - it would override the saved state (blocks, your private keys in keystore if you added some, etc...)
- For restart, please enter the directory with saved state - it is the
Node nameparameter that you specified during setup and run ./start.sh script without any parameters. In case of this example it is DemoTransactor
cd DemoTransactor/ ./start.sh