Notify admin when a remote host requires remote allowlisting
Some remote hosts, eg Deutsche Telekom, block mail from all IPs by default and require that a manual process be completed in order to be added to their allow list. For large inbox providers which are known to have such policies, lmcc can detect that mail has been sent to such a remote host for the first time, and notify the admin that further action is required in order to successfully deliver.
Idea for separate feature: Potentially lmcc could also make the local MTA withhold mail destined for such remote hosts in order to avoid predictable devliery failures (which would hurt deliverability and MTA performance).
- as an admin
- when mail is sent to a remote host
- and that remote host is known to use allowlisting
- when I view the lmcc homepage
- then I should an insight warning me the mail will be blocked
- and I should see advice on the allowlisting process
The attached email thread contains more details (unfortunately it's unavailable online):