Check URLs on merge requests
Right now we check the URLs (ISOs, trees, images) only periodically, once a week, using a scheduled CI job. While this seems nice, especially that URLs do not change often, it is not optimal:
- unless anyone runs the network checks manually, URLs are checked only once a week, and their result is not easy to notice
- changes in OSes (e.g. a new OS, or URLs switched to "archives" of distros) are not checked immediately
So my idea is to add an additional job on merge request, and it would check only changed URLs.
Technically speaking, a way to do this could be:
- checkout the trees at the revisions "before" and "after" the MR
- parse the OSes using the Python bits
- get all the URLs from the parsed OSes
- diff the URLs "before" and "after", getting only the new in "after"
- check those URLs
I still need to figure out what are the right way to plug this into gitlab jobs, running it only on merge requests.