GST connects to internet without user notification or consent
Hello. Downstream bug report https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1842323
Step 1: Are you in the right place?
- I have verified there are no duplicate active or recent bugs, questions, or requests
- I have verified that I am using the latest version of GtkStressTesting (GST)
Step 2: Describe your environment
- GST version:
- Installed from source/Flatpak/other (specify):
- Distribution name and version (e.g. Ubuntu 18.10):
- Desktop Environment (e.g. Gnome 3.30):
- CPU (e.g. AMD Ryzen 7 3800X):
Step 3: Describe the problem:
GST is a stress test, so there is no expectation that it would connect to the internet, yet that is what gst does during normal operation.
Users should be notified when an app is going to connect to the internet and be asked for explicit consent, if the app is not expected to access the internet.