(Based on Minetest 5.4.1 and MathPlot 2.1.1.)
- MathPlot Documentation
The MathPlot mod can be installed directly in-game using the online Minetest Content DB:
Download and launch Minetest. On Windows: extract the zip file, browse to the
binfolder, and run
- Click the "Content" tab, then click the "Browse online content" button.
- Search for "MathPlot", and click "Install".
For bleeding-edge (and likely unstable) features, the mod can be cloned directly from the GitLab repository.
Create a world and enable the MathPlot mod:
- Return to the "Start Game" tab and click the "New" button.
- Specify a world name.
- Recommended: use the "flat" Mapgen so that you can experiment with plotting without the terrain getting in the way.
- Click "Create".
- Select the world, then click "Configure".
- Select the "mathplot" mod, check "enabled", and click "Save".
- At the main screen, select the world, ensure that "Creative Mode" is checked, and click "Play Game"!
Even if playing as singleplayer, it is recommended that you execute
/grantme all to give your player all privileges. In particular, it will be desirable to enable fly mode ("K" key), fast movement ("J" key), and no clip mode ("H" key) to fly through walls.
The variety of nodes ("blocks") provided by the MathPlot mod can be found in the inventory by searching "mathplot":
Most importantly, the MathPlot mod provides the "MathPlot Origin Node", which serves as the origin of a coordinate system and provides functions for plotting parametric and implicit curves/surfaces/solids.
Punching an Origin node shows its the main screen:
The coordinates of the Origin node in the Minetest world are displayed in the first line, e.g.
(-48,9,-114), and the name of the node is also displayed. (It is sometimes convenient to give names to the nodes; see the "Set Name" screen below.)
To dig (i.e. "destroy") an Origin node, first equip the "Origin Node Destroyer" tool and use it to punch the Origin node.
- Draw Axes
- Implicit Plot
- ODE Plot
- Parametric Curve / Surface / Solid
- Set Name
- Other Nodes
- Serialize / Deserialize