Review SU3 signing types / implement as appropriate
Created by: anonimal
By submitting this issue, I confirm the following:
- I have read and understood the contributor guide.
- I have checked that the issue I am reporting can be replicated or that the feature I am suggesting is not present.
- I have checked opened or recently closed pull requests for existing solutions/implementations to my issue/suggestion.
Place an X inside the bracket to confirm
- I confirm.
For reasons mentioned in #149 (closed), we only need to focus on implementing two signature types for SU3:
- RSA SHA512 4096 // currently implemented (current java i2p default)
- EdDSA SHA512 Ed25519ph // not currently implement (future java i2p default)
The other types could be implemented on our end but that would require more work and it appears to be a useless effort since reseed server owners won't sign with weaker types. More importantly, the reasoning behind why java i2p had implemented other types is mostly because of their design, AFAICT.