Altium: Importing whole project
Updated instructions are posted in comments section on 2020-Now-05
We can import both, schematics and pcb almost perfectly. It would be perfect to implement "Tools" -> "Update from schematics" bindings..
Steps to reproduce
- Import schematics with standalone eeschema. *.kicad_pro file is automatically created;
- Import pcb with standalone pcbnew;
- Open *.kicad_pro file, created in step 1;
- Start pcbnew, "Tools" -> "Update Schematic from pcb...". This will set correct footprint assignments from pcb to schematics;
- Save everything;
- "Tools" -> "Update PCB from schematics..." as sanity check.
This step fails, because libraries are not found..
- "Tools" -> "Harvest footrpints to new library...".We will create library, containing all pcb footprints;
- Close everything, open kicad_sch and kicad_pcb files fith text editor;
- Replace all references of non existing library names from altium, to our new library, created in step 7;
- Reopen kicad, try to "Tools" -> "Update PCB from schematic...";
This time it works, but all footprints lost their position.
In my opinion, whole importer is very close to fully functional project importer.
Application: Pcbnew Version: (5.99.0-6796-g5507575d64), release build Libraries: wxWidgets 3.0.5 libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0 Platform: Windows 10 (build 18363), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW Build Info: Date: Nov 3 2020 22:12:54 wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) Boost: 1.73.0 OCE: 6.9.1 Curl: 7.71.0 ngspice: 32 Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014 Build settings: KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON KICAD_USE_OCE=ON KICAD_SPICE=ON