Footprint Editor: 3D Models of PCB footprint borders crop down to a tiny shrunken size
In Footprint Editor, the 3D model of the PCB footprint is expected to be at least the size of the PCB footprint. It is instead sometimes very small.
This has been determined to occur when, in PCB Editor (not Footprint Editor), the layer F.cu is hidden.
Steps to reproduce
- In PCB Editor: Confirm layer
- In Footprint Editor: View a component.
- View Footprint Properties: 3D models --> 3D model of PCB
- In PCB Editor: Hide layer
- In Footprint Editor: View same component: Footprint Properties: 3D models --> 3D model of PCB
- Confirm 3D model of PCB is now tiny.
Application: KiCad Footprint Editor arm64 on arm64 Version: (7.0.0-0), release build Libraries: wxWidgets 3.2.1 FreeType 2.12.1 HarfBuzz 5.3.1 FontConfig 2.14.0 Platform: macOS Ventura Version 13.2.1 (Build 22D68), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac wxWidgets: 3.2.1 (wchar_t,wx containers) Boost: 1.80.0 OCC: 7.6.3 Curl: 7.77.0 ngspice: 38 Compiler: Clang 13.0.0 with C++ ABI 1002 Build settings: KICAD_SPICE=ON