Inset/Outset steps - distance is incorrect
Steps to reproduce:
- Edit > Preferences > Behavior > Steps - Change "Inset/Outset by:" to 10 mm.
- Draw a rectangle, W=100 mm, H=100 mm.
- Path > Object to path
- Path > Inset
Rectangular path is W=24.675 mm, H=24.675 mm.
What should have happened?
Rectangular path should be W=80 mm, H=80 mm.
- Similar bug occurs when using Path > Outset.
- Linked Offset is not a good workaround since it rounds off the corners (and AFAIK I can't specify the offset size in mm).
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: Inkscape 0.92.4 (5da689c313, 2019-01-14)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Operating System version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information