“Align top edges” and “Align bottom edges” behaviour reversed when y axis pointing up
Inkscape 1.2 beta and 1.2 final have the buttons “Align top edges” and “Align bottom edges” reversed in terms of behaviour.
I assume this was a regression when the Align and Distribute dialogue was rebuilt.
Steps to Replicate
- open inkscape
- open preferences > Interface, then disable "Origin at upper left with y axis pointing down"
- close dialog, then close document (Ctrl+W)
- Draw two rectangles, one above the other.
- Select both
- Open Align and Distribute dialog and use "Align top edge" button
- "align top edge" aligns rectangles to bottom edge when y axis pointing up
What should have happened?
- buttons have the same behavior regardless of y-axis direction
- Inkscape 1.2 but not 1.1.2, Windows OS
Bisection points to commit 6ed748a0
commit 6ed748a087f28a2376ce897caf2415f57e569733 Author: Tavmjong Bah <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Wed Dec 15 15:19:32 2021 +0000 Remove context verbs, part 2 (align and distribute).
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information