Open/Save dialog freezes on switch between Other locations and folder with a preview
What seem to work are:
- From "No preview" to a preview
- From a preview to "No preview"
- From "No preview" to no preview side bar at all (e.g. When you click on "Other Locations")
What do not seem to work:
- From a preview to no preview side bar at all (e.g. When you click on "Other Locations")
- From no preview side bar at all to a preview (e.g. From "Other Locations" to a directory that has file at the top that triggers a preview).
Note: there seems to be no such state change as From no preview side bar at all to "No preview".
Steps to replicate
- Start Inkscape (linux)
- File > Open
- Click on a svg file, so a preview is shown
- Click on "Other Locations" in the sidebar
- Going from Other locations to a folder where the top item is a file that is previewed also causes a freeze.
What should have happened?
- No freeze
- Inkscape 1.1 (c4e8f9ed, 2021-05-24) on Arch Linux (x86_64)
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information