Testing Team's 1.1 Blocker List
Welcome to the second blocker list for the 1.1 release.
What is the blocker list?
This is a list of issues gathered by testers that should be fixed by 1.1. If these issues are not fixed, 1.1 release will be delayed (hence "blocker"). This list helps developers find the most pressing issues in our 1100+ list of confirmed bugs.
The most pressing issues (decided by vote), will be presented in the Developer meetings that happen every 8 days (see schedule here).
What issues are blockers?
Blockers should either:
- Make Inkscape unusable for most users OR
- Be difficult for the average user to workaround on their own OR
- Be embarrassing to have in the 1.1 release
How to participate?
- Download and test the 1.1rc1 build (https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.1rc1/) (if you experience problems downloading and running Inkscape, don't be afraid to ask for help in the comments or in #team_testing on rocketchat)
- Report any bugs you find to the inbox
- Take a look at other issues that have alread been reported
- Post a comment here or in #team_testing on rocketchat, with a list of issues you think should be blockers (this can include issues reported by others). If an issue is already on the blocker list, you can add it again, which pushes it higher in the list.
If you want to focus on places where bugs are more likely (or just try out new features before everyone else), major features and changes are listed in https://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.1.
You can also filter issues by label. Common labels (labels are clickable):
|1||#2216||Draft: !2840||Dialog doesn't undock off tab on Windows|
|1||#2352 (closed)||To Backport !3110 (merged) !3127 (closed), !3135 (merged)||@jabiertxof||Undesired change in bounding box appearance (embarrassing)|
|3||#1616 (closed)||To Backport !3120 (merged)||@doctormo||@nathanal||crash on save in appimage for Ubuntu 18.04 (older ubuntu's), Debian 10|
|1?||#188 (closed)||To Backport !3053 (merged)||@marcjeanmougin||Swatch can only be changed by one of the many F&S options.
Based on regression range, related to a couple other bugs too
|1||#2346 (closed)||Fixed !3078 (merged), !3089 (merged)||@jabiertxof||ugly/embarassing regression where our multicolor icons aren't in the layer dialog|
!2983 (merged) , !2982 (merged), Visibly fixed,
discussions regarding translations in progress
|@doctormo||first thing user sees|
|2||inkscape/extras/extension-manager#7||Fixed¹||@doctormo||Extension manager: risk limiting access in certain places (e.g. public institutions)|
|1||#2345 (closed)||Fixed !3017 (merged), !3076 (merged)||@jabiertxof||crash using new functionality|
|1||#1976 (closed)||Fixed !2994 (merged), !3055 (merged)||@jabiertxof||We recommend people to use this feature for text, but this breaks offset LPE on text|
|2||#2321 (closed)||Fixed !2995 (merged), !3056 (merged)||@jabiertxof||applying Bool ops to shapes with live path effects (LPE) crash on Common action|
This is a continuation of #2086 (closed) , starting out with a clean table