[0.92.x] Print to File rotates output 90°
Migrated from https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1799326
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape and create an illustration
Print > Print to File > PDF
Output file is always rotated 90°.
What should have happened?
Output file should print to file with the original orientation.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 0.92.2
- Operating System: OSX
- Operating System version: 10.11.6
Original Bug Report:
I was converting an svg file to pdf with inkscape92.2 using the command-line on a mac, and noticed that all the black rectangles had disappeared. Looking at the svg interactively — it looked ok in inkscape, in Preview, and in Chrome.
Printing to a file in inkscape produced PDF that had all the rectangles, but rotated the file by 90 degrees. Rotating it back by hand in Preview gave me a usable PDF file, but the procedure is not one I can put in a Makefile.
I have attached the svg file and three PDF files (the buggy one, the printed one, and the printed and rotated one, which is what I really wanted).
Before migrating this issue, I tested with the reporter's files and two files of my own (to confirm/dispute other possible problems). Conclusion: while I could not replicate any of the other problems regarding the CLI, I could replicate the Print to File bug repeatedly with v0.92.
- Inkscape Versions: Inkscape 0.92.4 (5da689c313, 2019-01-14), MacPorts / 1.0beta2 (9d7bad20, 2020-03-08)
- Operating System: macOS Sierra
- Operating System version: 10.12.6 (16G2136)
- no replication regarding CLI conversion SVG > PDF with either Inkscape version
- no replication regarding Print to File in version 1.0beta2
- Print to File bug replicated in version 0.92.4