Transforms for BSplines are preserved unexpectedly
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- draw a BSpline Path with a thick, easy to see stroke
- skew the shape a fair amount with the skew handles (release mouse to make sure operation finishes)
- the stroke stays skewed, so it is thicker in some parts and thinner in others
What should have happened?
- the stroke should realign itself to the skewed shape, so it has the same thickness all the way around (this is how it worked in 0.92.3)
- If someone really wanted a skewed stroke in 0.92.3 they could group the object then skew it. Now in 0.92.4 and 1.0alpha (1c9e023cec, 2019-01-21) there is no choice in the matter.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: Inkscape 0.92.4 (5da689c313, 2019-01-14) and 1.0alpha (1c9e023cec, 2019-01-21)
- Operating System: Windows 10 / Linux Mint 19
- Operating System version: Home 64-bit
As a workaround, one can do the following:
- Path > Object to Path to remove the LPE
- use arrow keys once to move the path up and then down again. This removes the transform, if the preferences option for saving 'optimized' in "Preferences -> Behavior -> Transforms -> Store transformation: Optimized" is selected.