Selecting kerning pair instantly disables SVG Font Editor Dialog (Linux)
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- open SVG Font editor
- create new font
- select font
- go to glyph tab
- add glyph twice and give them strings (e.g. a, b)
- go to kerning tab
- Try to select a glyph for the first glyph (use the mouse)
- once you select a glyph, the font is deselected and the kerning tab is no longer click sensitive
- clicking on the font again resets the glyph comboboxes in the kerning tab, preventing you from adding pairs
- workaround is to select the glyphs using the arrow keys, and switching to the next combobox/Add pair button using the tab key.
What should have happened?
- selecting a glyph in the kerning tab doesn't desensitive it.
- Inkscape 1.2-dev (1fe83e36da, 2021-05-15) Linux Mint 20, Cinnamon DE (X11)
- Inkscape 1.1-rc (f8a4456a53, 2021-05-09) Linux Mint 20, Cinnamon DE (X11)
- By appimage bisection, introduced by inkscape@c2d0ea12) (
- I did not replicate on Windows 10
Noticed during inkscape#2441 (comment 570575842)
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information