X, Y, width and height attributes do not work properly in Clone original LPE
Clone original LPE accepts 'transform' as an attribute but x, y, width and height do not work properly.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a rectangle (Rect-1)
- Create another rectangle (Rect-2)
- Copy Rect-2 to the clipboard
- Add clone original LPE to Rect-1
- Link Rect-2 to Rect 1 by clicking on link to item button
- Add x, y, width or height to the attribute field on the LPE panel
- Drag the original shape (if x or y is added) or transform the original shape (if width or height is added)
- If the shape is selected as one of the options except 'No Shape' nothing happens.
- If the shape is selected as 'No Shape'
- Nothing happens in v1.1-beta
- In v1.0.1
- If allow transformation box is not ticked it keeps x, y, width or height the same as the original shape
- If allow transformation box is ticked width and height change proportionally to the change on the original shape, x and y are kept fixed (Another side note is that if no attribute is added, translations are reflected on the clone reversed (i.e. if you move the original 20 px right, the clone moves 20 px left)
What should have happened?
To be honest I am not sure what was intended during the development of this LPE, therefore I will write what I expect and do feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
- I expect x, y, width and height attributes have an effect. But apparently they don't in v1.1-beta
- I expect them to work in all shape options (with LPE, without LPE, BSpline and Spiro Only and No Shape) as transform works for all of them (transform moves the clone object to the exact same location as the original one and reflects all transforms)
- Inkscape Version: v1.0.1 and v1.1-beta (they behave differently but neither of them seem proper) - Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro - Operating System version: 6.3(9600)