Calligraphy tool dots always have a stroke and are much too small with default preferences
Steps to reproduce:
- delete or rename preferences file
- open Inkscape
- switch to calligraphy tool
- click on canvas to create dots
- Shift+click on canvas to create dots
- click and drag to draw a line
- the dots are so small, I cannot see them. When I change the stroke width for the calligraphy tool (the style property, not the width in the tool controls bar), the dots change in size - so it seems their size depends on the current stroke width.
- each dot has a stroke, even if the calligraphy drawing does not have one. The stroke is always black.
What should have happened?
- the dot size should depend on the width set in the calligraphy tool's tool controls. Bonus points for making it depend on pen pressure.
- dots should not have a stroke if the calligraphy tool drawings do not have one.
This is a new feature in 1.0. It would really be great if it actually worked, so we can feel better about announcing it to our users.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.0rc1 (b38b5cc7f9, 2020-04-10)
- Operating System: Linux Mint 19.3