Saving as default template does not work for languages other than English
Steps to reproduce
- open Inkscape
- switch to another language (sorry) in Edit > Preferences > Interface: Language, close, reopen.
- modify current file, e.g. add a big red circle
- File > Save as template (right above 'import')
- enter a name
- check the 'save as default' checkbox (the only checkbox in that dialog)
- click on save
- close dialog
- close Inkscape
- reopen Inkscape
- no red circle
What should have happened?
- red circle on canvas from new default file
- the template file is not saved with the correct extension. It is saved as 'default.svg' in the /templates directory, but depending on the language, a language identifier needs to be appended for the program to actually load the file. None is needed for English, that's why it works in English.
Note: the naming scheme for those template files was changed recently (update: and changed back again)! When fixing, make sure to use the correct functionality, maybe by importing the function that does it. Who knows if the scheme will change again... Should be somewhere close to what was changed in: inkscape!524 (ddeb8b51) )
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.0alpha (3be606331a, 2019-02-20)
- Operating System: Linux Mint
- Operating System version: 19.1
- Language: German