Export to HTML5 Canvas: Last Edge is Missing
Migrated from: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1757053
Using the "Save As" > "HTML 5 Canvas (*.html)", the exported HTML includes shapes that are with their last edge missing.
When inspecting the source SVG files and the generated canvas, the edges that should apear when closing a path with the
m ... z z option (closepath), that edge is missing in the output. The html5 canvas includes all the coordinates written, but doesn't close the path
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- Create a closed path with straight lines with the Bezier tool, for example a 4 sided polygon
- Save as a svg file
- Save a copy as an HTML 5 canvas
The canvas, when opened with a browser doesn't have a closed figure, it is missing an edge.
What should have happened?
The canvas, when opened with a browser, should have the same edges as the original SVG file.
Star and rectangle:
- starproblem.svg (original bug)
- star.html (original bug)
- starproblem.html (created with current version)
- quad.svg (original bug)
- quad.html (created with current version)
- quad2.svg (created with current dev version)
- quad2.html (created with current dev version)
- Inkscape Version: 1.1-alpha (d93e359, 2021-01-25) - Operating System: Windows 10 64bit - Operating System version: 20H2 (19042.746)
- Inkscape Version: Windows store version 1.0.2 (e86c870879, 2021-01-15, custom) - Operating System: Windows 10 64bit - Operating System version: 20H2 (19042.746)
From the original bug, Alvin Penner (apenner) confirmed to reproduce the bug with:
- Inkscape Version: 0.92.3pre0 (f5a6572, 2018-03-03) - Operating System: Windows 10 - Operating System version: (unknown, comment dated 2018-03-20)
Original bug was found with an import of an .ai file. It concerned using stars, but was later generalized to any path. A rectangle, as shown in the attachments, doesn't have this problem. These cases where when the path has been closed using a 'z' command rather than explicitly drawing the last line as noted in a comment.