GCodetools: 'Area' tab fails
The Area tab in the GCodetools does not work.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a path that is supposed to be the 'center path' of your outlines (the base object, e.g. a star).
- Create another path that is going to be the outer boundary of the area that you want to fill with the equally spaced outlines of the base object (e.g. a rectangle).
- Subtract the first from the second.
- Open the GCodetools Area extension, first tab
- Select object and apply
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport/report.py:13: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses import fnmatch, glob, traceback, errno, sys, atexit, locale, imp Traceback (most recent call last): File "gcodetools.py", line 5921, in <module> Gcodetools().run() File "/opt/inkscape_1.0.x/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex/base.py", line 140, in run self.save_raw(self.effect()) File "gcodetools.py", line 5872, in effect self.options.active_tab() File "gcodetools.py", line 4164, in tab_area elem = area_group.add(PathElement(style=MARKER_STYLE["biarc_style_i"]['area'])) File "src/lxml/classlookup.pxi", line 77, in lxml.etree.ElementBase.__init__ File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 158, in lxml.etree._initNewElement File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 297, in lxml.etree._initNodeAttributes File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 311, in lxml.etree._addAttributeToNode File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 1437, in lxml.etree._utf8 TypeError: Argument must be bytes or unicode, got 'Style'
What should have happened?
You should now get a set of offset objects around your base object (star), that each have a defined distance from the previous one.
- Inkscape Version: 1.0.1 (16f50bf4c4, 2020-09-08) - Operating System: Linux Mint 19.3
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information