Add nodes extension changes closed path to open path and adds extra node
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- draw any shape
- use the "add nodes..." extension from the "modify path" menu
- while in the add nodes... menu choose parameters you would like for the 3 configurable options
- click apply
- modify the position of the object's nodes and you will find that there is one node that has several more in the same position
This doesn't create a big problem for most shapes except for circles. When preforming these steps on a circle and then attempting to drag one of the curves adjacent to the multiple nodes it acts irregularly.
What should have happened?
Ideally, no extra nodes should appear and the curvature drag feature should work as in any other situation.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.0rc1 (09960d6, 2020-04-09)
- Operating System: KDE neon 5.18
- KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.4
- KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
- Qt Version: 5.14.1
- Kernel Version: 5.3.0-46-generic
- OS Type: 64-bit
- Processors: 4 × AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Memory: 7.8 GiB of RAM