Integrate client side form validation for Elvanto forms in WP
If a user submits an ElvantoForm from WP (icf-hamburg domain) with field violations, e.g. a required field is not set, than the user gets redirected to the elvanto domain (icf-hamburg.elvanto.eu) to correct the fields. For me this looks like server side validation. The issue: bad UX.
- User gets redirected to a different site (no possibility to get back to icf site in a smooth way)
- CI breaks (user gets the style of Elvanto, style of ICF is gone)
I guess this goes for all browsers
- Create a form in Elvanto with at least one field that is required
- Integrate form in WP using the Avia-ElvantoForm-Element
- Submit the form while leaving the required field emtpy
- See the result
Idea for solving the problem temporary (workaround)
Somethink like this... (see attachement) validateElvantoForm.js Just a draft to get the idea.