This MR contains the following updates:
This release fixes a longstanding confusing behavior in Black's GitHub action, where the version of the action did not determine the version of Black being run (issue #3382). In addition, there is a small bug fix around imports and a number of improvements to the preview style.
Please try out the
black --preview and tell us your feedback. All changes in the preview style are
expected to become part of Black's stable style in January 2024.
- Import lines with
# fmt: skipand
# fmt: offno longer have an extra blank line added when they are right after another import line (#3610)
- Add trailing commas to collection literals even if there's a comment after the last entry (#3393)
async for, and
async withstatements are now formatted consistently compared to their non-async version. (#3609)
withstatements that contain two context managers will be consistently wrapped in parentheses (#3589)
- Let string splitters respect East Asian Width (#3445)
- Now long string literals can be split after East Asian commas and periods (
、U+3001 IDEOGRAPHIC COMMA,
。U+3002 IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP, &
，U+FF0C FULLWIDTH COMMA) besides before spaces (#3445)
- For stubs, enforce one blank line after a nested class with a body other than just
- Improve handling of multiline strings by changing line split behavior (#1879)
- Added support for formatting files with invalid type comments (#3594)
- Update GitHub Action to use the version of Black equivalent to action's version if version input is not specified (#3543)
- Fix missing Python binary path in autoload script for vim (#3508)
- Document that only the most recent release is supported for security issues; vulnerabilities should be reported through Tidelift (#3612)
False Positives Fixed
asyncSetUpto the default
defining-attr-methodslist to silence
attribute-defined-outside-initwarning when using
Other Bug Fixes
--clear-cache-post-runnow also clears LRU caches for pylint utilities holding references to AST nodes.
Fix a crash when
TYPE_CHECKINGis used without importing it.
Fix a regression of
preferred-moduleswhere a partial match was used instead of the required full match.
The following utilities are deprecated in favor of the more robust
in_type_checking_blockand will be removed in pylint 3.0:
is_sys_guardis still available, which was part of
If you want to rebase/retry this MR, check this box
This MR has been generated by Renovate Bot.