- Success-counting dice pool
- Keep-single dice pool
- Step dice
- Roll-and-keep dice pool
- Comparison of ternary-outcome dice systems
- Includes discussion of how to design an additive encounter difficulty and XP system based on these laws.
- Additive difficulty estimation for D&D 5e
Drafts and future article ideas
Anything here may need additional verification, so take anything here with a grain of salt. URLs may change if/when they are finalized.
- How to compare distributions
- Compositing contests
- Degrees of success
- Other XP systems
- Press-your-luck / decision points. Markov decision process?
- Deriving fixed-die from a matrix
- Expected value of perfect information for rerolls
- "Countdown" algorithm for roll-and-keep
- Cards, hypergeometric distribution
- Swinginess for binary outcomes
- Pool splitting
- Revisit beta distribution