Windows builds in the Gitlab CI/CD pipeline
- Adds the same builds as we currently have on Appveyor to the GitLab CI/CD pipeline
- When merged, will deploy binaries to https://www2.graphviz.org/Packages/development/windows/10/
- Includes an upgrade from Visual Studio 2015, Windows SDK 8.1 to Visual Studio 2019, Windows SDK 10.0
- Test run that deploys to https://www2.graphviz.org/Packages/experimental-development/windows/10/ can be seen here. The Appveyor builds fail because Visual Studio 2019 is not supported there.
- When merged, the Appveyor builds will fail in master so want can't use them in parallel.
- Before merging I will prepare an update to the documentation
Future enhancements deliberately not included
- Single source of truth for version numbering for autogen, CMake & MBuild (but !1440 (merged) provides this for CMake)
- Fix for #1748
- Separation of Windows build and test jobs
- Windows Docker images with preinstalled prerequisites
- Will speed up builds because no installations will be needed in the build jobs
- Will remove the need for the git submodules containing dependencies