The installation process is very similar to the standard
mapwithai installation process.
The major changes are:
- Ensure you do not have the standard
mapwithaiplugin installed (while it should work, there may be some subtle bugs)
- Ensure that you are running JOSM latest (I often make patches for JOSM that I then use in the plugin -- while not always necessary, the
-devversion of the plugin may not be available for your version of JOSM).
- Follow the standard installation instructions, except you are installing the
mapwithai-devplugin and not the
Again, you may need be running JOSM latest, not JOSM stable!
Using the new features
Before you begin, please ''try'' to use the plugin without looking at this section (this would make good feedback -- what is confusing, what is difficult to understand, etc.).
MapWithAI data can be download along with OSM data by accessing
Download data menu item or by accessing the
Download data button.
MapWithAI dataif you want to download data from the configured servers. This will be automatically selected if a source is activated, or deselected if all sources are deactivated.
Browse Data Sourcesto see MapWithAI data sources (this may need to be reworded to make it clearer)
- A pale yellow indicates that a source is inside the current map window. White indicates that it is not selected, activated, or inside the current map window.
- A pale green indicates that a source is activated.
Activatebutton is used to enable sources. If only enabled sources are selected, it becomes
- A source can also be activated if the associated check-box is selected. Selecting an already activated check-box will deactivate the source.
MapWithAI menu item
New in this release is a MapWithAI menu. This allows users to download specific datasets while on the map. These data sets are dynamic (like the
Imagery menu, only relevant sources are shown).
To support this change, the MapWithAI layer now has continuous download toggled on (in context, this means that the layer downloads more data as the OsmDataLayer's download data). We have also removed all MapWithAI menu items from the
MapWithAI preference settings
Show Preview DataSetsoption
MapWithAI changing colors
The colors used by the MapWithAI plugin can be customized from
- Select the
- Search for
- Double click on the desired property color cell
- Select the desired color from the color picker window