WIP: Use GNU Indent
This is a trial effort to use GNU Indent to automatically format our source code. It will also allow us to have a more well specified coding style.
I plan to slowly and incrementally change source files to ensure that we can see the precise changes being made. The final MR will be a single massive commit made by a different git author to explicitly mark the fact that this code was touched by indent.
wget.h file was first changed to use spaces for indentation only since indent could not handle tabs for indentation of preprocessor statements. Since the indent format uses tabs by default, running indent will switch it to tabs.
In order to see the changes, please diff against f4e920fb. That is the git hash of the commit from which this branch is created.
Any help in improving the indent profile is appreciated. Please change the
.indent.pro file and re-run indent using
indent <filename>. Either push to this branch, or make a MR against this branch.
- The author has submitted the FSF Copyright Assignment and is listed in AUTHORS
- There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
- Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent with existing code
- This feature/change has adequate documentation added (if appropriate)
- No obvious mistakes / misspelling in the code