fips140: Run ECDSA self-test in startup for FIPS
Add a description of the new feature/bug fix. Reference any relevant bugs.
When in FIPS mode, it is necessary to run an ECDSA known answer test at start-up for at least one approved curve to be able to use ECDSA and be compliant with FIPS requirements.
- Code modified for feature
- Test suite updated with functionality tests
- Test suite updated with negative tests
- Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
- Any issues marked for closing are addressed
- There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to
- This feature/change has adequate documentation added
- No obvious mistakes in the code