Bizzarre graphic following my cursor, obscuring text above my cursor.
- iTerm2 version:3.3.8
- OS version:10.14.6
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Not a performance issue.
- Not a crash.
- Not excessive memory usage.
- The problem is that there's a weird ... cartouche-like thing that trails my cursor, obscuring part of the previous lines. See attached screenshot. Maybe this is a new UI feature, but I can't find any reference to it in the docs or on the menu, and I don't know what to call it in order to search for what it's supposed to be or how to turn it off.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open a text file, like in vi.
- Move your cursor forward through the text character by character.
- Observe this weird cartouch with cryptic information in it trailing your cursor.
What happened: I think I'm simply tripping over a new feature that I don't understand, can't find documentation for, and can't turn off. Clicking on it makes it go away (and turns on the current tab's bell symbol), but it comes back as soon as I start moving my cursor forward again.
What should have happened: I should have been able to clearly see the code above the line where my cursor is, but this bizarre little graphic is obscuring part of it.!