image_decoder is not properly signed for notarization
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.7
- OS version: 10.14.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Check code signing and notarization of iTerm2.app/Contents/Resources/image_decoder
What happened: image_decoder should be signed with a proper certificate, timestamp, hardened runtime, and should not request the get-task-allow entitlement.
What should have happened: image_decoder is not signed with a proper certificate, does not have timestamp nor hardened runtime, and requests the get-task-allow entitlement.
As well, if image_decoder is a helper application, per Apple it should be moved to iTerm2.app/Contents/Helpers