Vim cannot change iTerm2's title when connected to tmux via ssh title
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.7
- OS version: MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Go to Preferences -> Profiles. Ensure "Applications in terminal may change the title" is on.
- ~ $ ssh -t my.dev.server 'tmux -CC'
- :set title
- :set titlestring=Hello\ World
What happened: iTerm2's title stayed the same.
What should have happened: iTerm2's title changes to "Hello World"