Incorrect output when typing with fn key down
I am afraid I have not been able to produce a simpler example of this bug so sorry for the quite complicated instructions for reproducing it.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.7
- OS version: 10.12.6
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog debuglog.txt
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use my custom keyboard layout: my5.keylayout
- Use my Karabiner-Elements configuration karabiner.json which toggles caps lock on when the fn key is pressed.
- Start iTerm2.
- Press alt+space to enter "compose mode".
- Hold down the fn key (this toggles caps lock on) and press the '\' key to type '│' (U+2502).
- Type '-'. The compose sequence '│-' turns into '┌' (U+250C).
- Hold down the fn key and the '-' key to repeatedly type '─' (U+2500).
┌─│─│─│─│─│─│─│─│─│─│─ ('┌' (U+250C) followed by repeated '─│' (U+2500 and U+2502))
What should have happened:
┌───────────────────── ('┌' (U+250C) followed by repeated '─' (U+2500))
It works as expected in other applications so probably this is an iTerm issue.
I cannot reproduce the bug by toggling caps lock using the caps lock button (instead of toggling caps lock on by holding down the fn button). Thus the bug probably has something to do with typing while holding down the fn key, as did the last bug I reported.