Opening Hotkey Window Occasionally Causes Fatal System Crash
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.6
- OS version: macOS Catalina v10.15.1
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs - Crash is System Fatal, so no crash log generated
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Attempt to open Hotkey window with designated Hotkey
What happened: Fatal System Crash & Restart Triggered or 10-30 second System Hang
What should have happened: Hotkey Window Opens Normally
I would attach further information, but the issue is hard to reproduce at will. It happens frequently enough that I need to solve it (5+ times yesterday triggering full system restarts) but I'm still not exactly sure how to reproduce the issue at will. I have noticed that a crash is more likely if I happen to trigger the hotkey window at the same time a notification comes through, but have been unable to test that successfully thus far (due to timing of notifications). If I discover further details, I will update the issue here.