Scrolling breaks when prompt is updated by external process (i.e. ZSH theme)
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.6
- ZSH Version: zsh 5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0)
- OS version: macOS Catalina 10.15.1
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use a theme like Powerline10k, or anything that updates the prompt.
- Scroll up prior to the prompt being updated.
- When the prompt updates, scrolling breaks. 3a. The scrolling can be fixed by clearing the line of text.
What happened: Scrolling breaks after prompt is updated with new text from another process What should have happened: The scrolling should be continuous even after the prompt updates. Ticket also registered with the PowerLine10k developer for performance issues on that side.