Background image transparent pixels incorrectly filled with foreground color
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.1
- OS version: 10.15.0
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Go to Preferences > Profiles.
- Click + to create a fresh profile. Select it.
- Click the Window tab.
- Set the Background Image to a file that uses transparency. Example:
- Set the Blending setting all the way to Image.
- Create a terminal window using the new profile.
What happened: In the transparent pixels of the background image, the window is filled with black (the profile's foreground color) instead of white (the profile's background color). This makes it unusable without altering all the other colors to work in a dark background. See
What should have happened: I was trying to make it so the window had red stripes down the right-hand side, but otherwise worked like normal. Seems like that should have been the correct result.