iTerm2 mouse reporting uninterpretable escape sequences when scrolling quickly
When "Report multiple mouse scroll events when scrolling quickly" is turned on, scrolling the mouse very fast sends escape sequences that Emacs cannot understand.
- iTerm2 version:3.3.4
- OS version: 10.14.6com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Enable mouse reporting
- Turn on the experimental feature "Report multiple mouse scroll events when scrolling quickly"
- Add the following line in the init file of Emacs to allow for mouse support (see here)
(require 'mouse) (xterm-mouse-mode t) (defun track-mouse (e)) (setq mouse-sel-mode (global-set-key (kbd "<mouse-4>") 'scroll-down-line) (global-set-key (kbd "<mouse-5>") 'scroll-up-line)
- Open a text file and scroll up or down very fast (regardless of whether the screen reaches the beginning or the end of the file).
What happened: iTerm2 sends escape sequences like
This only happens, if I scroll very fast. Scrolling slowly does not lead to the same effect. I suspect that has to do with the acceleration parameter of the scrolling speed and think that the problem can be avoided if the acceleration value can be capped.
If I turn off "Report multiple mouse scroll events when scrolling quickly", then the problem disappears.
What should have happened: No escape sequences when scrolling fast.