Status bar 'Network Throughput' bug when using a wireguard tunnel.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.20190913-nightly
- OS version: 10.14.4
- plist: com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- debuglog: debuglog.txt
- debuglog w/ wireguard: debuglog-with-wireguard.txt
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Add a status bar with the network throughput item to your running iterm profile.
- Connect to a wireguard-server.
- Start a download
wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.tele2.net/10GB.zip
- See how the download speed fluctuates.
What happened: The download speed shown in the status bar item 'network throughput' is showing speeds that isn't even close to what is shown when downloading with wget, and the speed also fluctuates bad; from the current correct speed 26mb/s to 104mb/s, but for the most part it's showing 87-94mb/s.
What should have happened: The speed should've been more accurate and be around 26mb/s.
Sidenote: When downloading without the wireguard tunnel it shows a stable 30-31mb/s which is the actual download speed without the tunnel.