Scroll down fails (jumps) after navigating to previous mark
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.5beta2
- OS version: 10.14.6
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Set a mark
- Run command which scrolls the mark off screen
- Navigate (
Previous Mark) to mark
- Scroll down
What happened: After navigation the window (correctly) scrolls to the mark, positioning it on the last line of the window. On scroll down, the window jumps immediately to the current prompt (end of output).
If however, the window height is changed before scrolling it works as expected.
BTW, this has been true for every version of iterm2 i can remember.
What should have happened:
The window should scroll down through the output.