Opening a tab resizes the window
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.20190909-nightly
- OS version: 10.14.6 (18G95)
- Preferences => Appearance => Tabs => (unchecked) Show tab bar even when there is only one tab
- Preferences => Appearance => General => Tab bar location: Left (feature request: Right)
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open iTerm2 in a non-fullscreen window. The tab bar should not be present.
- Open a second tab in the window.
- Observe when the tab bar is added (or removed), the width of the window changes.
What happened: When the tab bar was added to the left side of the window, the terminal changed sizes to accommodate the lost space. Since I had my terminal near the right edge of the screen, I didn't notice until I saw terminal contents clipped as it was resized beyond the right edge.
When closing the tab, the width is reduced again. If I had resized the window to fit my screen, now it leaves a gap to the right, which is also not desired.
What should have happened: The width should have remained consistent with before opening and closing the additional tab. I believe this used to be the behavior.
Careful when fixing this that the terminal contents width are recalculated correctly.