.iterm_shell_integration.zsh gives annoying message if I use "setopt nounset"
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.9
- OS version: macOS Mojave 10.14.5
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
I prefer to use "setopt nounset" in zsh. Unfortunately, this makes .iterm_shell_integration.zsh complain.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Add "setopt nounset" to .zshenv file.
- Start a new zsh.
What happened: On each prompt it says "iterm2_decorate_prompt:12: ITERM2_SQUELCH_MARK: parameter not set"
What should have happened: normal prompt
Note: "setopt nounset" happens after sourcing .iterm_shell_integration.zsh, but the problem still occurs. It would be nice if iterm integration worked whether or not I use the nounset shell option.