ITerm2 unusable when switching from hardwire to wifi
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.201800310
- OS version: Macbook Pro OS-X 10.14.5 (Mojave)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Switch from hardwire to Wifi
- iTerm2 windows extremely slow. 1-3 seconds per keystroke
- Quit iTerm2 and all open iterm windows
- After restart of iTerm2, Ok.
What happened: When switching from hardwired connection to Wifi. iTerm2 is EXTREMELY slow. You must quit iTerm2 from the dock and restart for it to recover.
What should have happened: I've been using iTerm2 since 2009 or 2010 on Macbooks. This has never been an issue. The built-in Mac term utility is unaffected during the switch from hardwire to Wifi.