iTerm sometimes has "Application Not Responding" when launching from the dock
I have been using the nightly build (26 Jun 2019 was the most recent one) and it seems to work (I had to do chmod 755 -R "/Applications/iTerm.app" as suggested by here).
When should I chmod iTerm via Terminal, was that wrong to do?
I tried chmod +x "/Applications/iTerm.app/iTerm2" and it seems to work.
However, as detailed below, when launching from the Dock, things don't always work, and I don't know if this is a Sierra-specific bug, or just something related to my computer.
- iTerm2 version: Nightly build
- OS version: 10.12.2 Sierra (cannot upgrade to Mojave since Mac won't support it)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Add iTerm to Dock when open
- Close the application; if you've set it to ask in preferences, it should come up with the message "Are you sure you want to quit?"
- Try opening and closing; it tends to run well, most of the time, but occasionally "Application Not Responding" can be seen
What happened: Application does not launch, "Application Not Responding" comes up, I occasionally have to do a system clean with Onyx and reboot
What should have happened: Application should launch from dock.com.googlecode.iterm2.plist