Blur performance issue
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.2.9
- OS version: 10.14.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open Preference of Iterm2
- Profile -> Window -> Blur
- Adjust blur size to a large number
Typing, switching and using hot key became visibly slow.
What should have happened:
I believe there are kinds of blur algorithms like StackBlur, even there are many tricks for fast gaussian blur on gpu, with one of them the blur should be faster.