Semantic History (⌘-click) fails when using `unbuffer`
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.2.9
- OS version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog - available upon request
Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
unbufferto preserve highlighting when piping a command's output
- Hold ⌘ and hover over a path in the output
- Click on the path (while holding ⌘)
What happened: The filename was not highlighted when hovered, the file did not open when clicked.
What should have happened: The file should have opened.
See below gif:
unbuffer can be installed via
brew install expect.
npx is from npm.