Status bar components just show the label of the component
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.0beta9 (though it's been like it since I enabled the status bar)
- OS version: 10.14.3
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Drag certain components into the status bar, close prefs window. For example: Host Name, Current Directory, User Name and Git State.
- Hostname shows "local"
- Current directory shows ""
- Username shows "user"
- Git state shows ""
All have their icon, none have a reasonably correct value next to it.
What should have happened:
- Hostname should show the hostname
- Current Directory should show the current directory
- User Name should show my user
- Git State should show the state of the git repo I'm in.
I've even tried re-creating those above as custom components using the Call Script Function component, for example, creating a "Custom Git State" component with just "echo $(git symbolic-ref HEAD 2>/dev/null | sed -e 's|^refs/heads/||')" but when I added this it just showed "Custom Git State" in the status bar.
Some possibly related extra info: I have automatic profile switching enabled and my prefs are saved in Dropbox.