Bracketed copy/paste is completely broken. Please add a menu option to disable this antifeature.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version:
- OS version:
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open Vim or otherwise cause the bracketed-paste escape sequence to be sent to ITerm2
- Try to copy something using ⌘C
- Try to paste it into a non-iTerm2 window with ⌘V
⌘C didn't do anything. Nothing was copied to the clipboard.
What should have happened:
⌘C should have copied the selection to the MacOS clipboard.
Bracketed pasting never works anywhere, and the best option is to just disable it!