iTerm2's Python environments are reported as a 30 MB download, but take up about 400 MB of space when installed
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.0beta4
- OS version: 10.14.5 Beta (18F118d)
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here: com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible: debuglog.txt
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Run a script and download the Python environment. The dialog tells the user that the download is approximately 30 MB.
- Look at the
There are four
pyenv folders –
iterm2env-46. They're slightly different sizes, and together come to about 370 MB. I guess it'd be better to just have one Python environment, but if this is expected and necessary behavior, then the user should be notified about the full size of the installed runtime, because disk space might be a concern, not just the bandwidth required to download it.