Window title accessibility mismatch
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.20190425-nightly
- OS version: 10.14.4
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Configure a custom window title, for example using https://www.iterm2.com/python-api/examples/georges_title.html. Ensure the
autoNamevariable appears in the title. Also ensure that 'Applications in terminal can change the title' is checked.
- Open Xcode's Accessibility Inspector and select an iTerm2 window that's displaying a custom title. Note the value displayed under Basic -> Title. Here's a screenshot: http://trilobite.club/media/title_before.png
- Cause the autoName variable to change. This can be done easily by running
echo -ne "\033]0;hello there\007". Note iTerm2's window title. It will have the custom values before and after 'hello there'.
- Go back to the Accessibility Inspector and select the window again. The title Xcode sees is 'hello there' without the other values displayed in iTerm2. Here's a screenshot: http://trilobite.club/media/title_after.png
What happened: Apple's accessibility API can only see part of the window title.
What should have happened: The entire title should be available.
Further context: I use https://timingapp.com to track time I spend on projects. I also use a script based on 'George’s Title Algorithm' to display the values I have to put in my time sheet in the window title, which makes categorization easy in Timing. I spend most of my time in Neovim and I have
set title in my vimrc. When vim sets the title, Timing can no longer see the values I need it to see.