Interactive Programs (e.g. `rails c`) occasionally send every other keystroke to the program and a tty
iTerm2 version: 3.2.7
OS version: 10.14.4
Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- I have never been able to consistently reproduce the problem. On a given run of iTerm, once it happens in a particular pane, it is far more likely, but not guaranteed, to appear in that pane again (unless I restart it).
- Things that background tasks appear to contribute (tmux, commands with &), but don't always seem to reproduce.
- While here I'm seeing it with tmux integration, I saw it frequently before I used tmux.
- While this specific instance I was using rails c, I've seen it with the Python REPL (and I believe I've seen it when SSHing).
- I will update with actual steps to reproduce if/when I discover them. I've seen it dozens of times, but never with a clear cause.
What happened: Whenever the bug occurs, every other keystroke is sent to the program and to a tty. For example, typing abcdefg would send aceg to the repl and bdf to the tty.
Hitting [Enter] repeatedly:
2.4.2 :001 > -bash: k: command not found (base) 10:43:18 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :002 > (base) 10:43:20 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :003 > 2.4.2 :004 > (base) 10:44:09 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :005 > (base) 10:44:09 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :006 > (base) 10:44:10 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :007 > (base) 10:44:11 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$ 2.4.2 :008 > (base) 10:44:11 /U/k/AlignableWeb (master)$
What should have happened: Should have just been in the rails console.