non-sticky tab naming when using "Set Tab Title" dialog box
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.0beta2
- OS version:OSX 10.14.4
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
I'm using the tmux integration. Since upgrading to the 3.3.0 line I've found the following minor but annoying bug: I create a new tab and double click on it to give it a name which as of 3.3.0 pops up a new dialog box called Set Tab Title. I type the name into the dialog box and hit return and the name is applied. However, if I then quit iTerm and restart it, which reconnects to the still-running tmux session because that's what tmux does, the tab name is lost and has reverted to "bash" which is my shell.
If I instead right-click on the tab and choose Edit Session, the name I fill in there is in fact sticky. So of the two ways (that I know of) for setting a tab's title the old way is sticky and the new way is not.
BTW this new dialog box is also missing a word: "Variables and function calls enclosed in (…) will [be] replaced with their evaluation."
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem: 1. 2. 3.
What should have happened: